| About BlackDog |
How We Do This For Free |
Privacy Assurance |
| How to Navigate BlackDog |
Enhance Your Visit |
Internet Security |
| Linking to BlackDog |
Copyright Information |
Other Sites for Parents |
BlackDog is a large, content-rich, family-friendly site containing
several thousand web pages. BlackDog is visited by thousands of people
each day, and several million people each month. BlackDog is updated
frequently and features educational games and activities, including worksheets,
coloring pages, interactive e-books, a large variety of holiday activities, musical
postcards, screensavers, web graphics, and more. We make every effort to make sure that
everything families see and do on BlackDog is child-safe, fun and interesting.
We welcome suggestions from our audience. Don't hesitate to
with your ideas.
Top of Page
How We Do This For Free
The activities on BlackDog are free. BlackDog's expenses
are paid by those pesky banner advertisements that run on most of BlackDog's
web pages. We sometimes charge a very small fee for a few games and screen savers that have cost
considerable time and money to produce. In addition, BlackDog's
General Store has some items to purchase through Amazon.com and a few other
well-established, legitimate internet businesses.
We always welcome inquiries from people and organizations who want to sponsor BlackDog,
and receive a large number of emails from people and companies wanting links from BlackDog to other
sites. If you or your company would like to have a link from BlackDog to your site,
or would like your banner ads on BlackDog,
check here to learn about text link and banner advertising
opportunities on BlackDog and then
to become a BlackDog partner.
If you don't want to advertise on BlackDog, we always appreciate support and help
from all the people who keep BlackDog going and free for everyone.
You can help support BlackDog by making a donation today. All donations,
large or small, are appreciated. Thanks!
company would like you to fill out a survey. It's not required, but it does help them figure
out what advertising is most appropriate for this site. Children under 13 are NOT allowed to
complete the survey. We need 200 people per year to fill out the survey to be eligible for
the higher-paying advertising, so if you have a few minutes, please do fill it out.
Top of Page
BlackDog's Privacy Assurance
While you are on BlackDog, feel comfortable using any of our
resources. We do not give out any information about visitors to BlackDog. In
fact, we do not maintain a list of visitors.
There are certain areas which require some information from you, especially
the Letter to Santa in the Christmas area, the Email from
BlackDog in the Kids area, the interactive
stories in Miss Kitty's Storybook
and the Teens areas,
the Recommend this
Site feature, the teen Graffiti Wall, and
the free multimedia postcards.
(Email addresses are shown in the postcards you send, but we do not collect the information
for our use - or anyone else's - and all postcards are purged after 2 weeks.) In addition, there
is BlackDog's General
Store, which contains links to vendors who use your information to send you the products you order.
Also, kids love to send their art work for posting on BlackDog's Internet Refrigerator.
(We've discovered children enjoy seeing their art
and their names on the Internet.) We use their names to give kids credit
for their work, unless we are asked not to identify them. However, we do not
give out contact information.
No information from any BlackDog activity is distributed or sold, ever.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website.
These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address,
or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide
advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more
information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information
used by these companies, click here.
Top of Page
How to Find Things at BlackDog
It's very easy. At the bottom of every page on BlackDog is a "navigational bar"
which contains links to all the main pages on the site. (Just scroll down and
you'll see it on this page.) From those main links, you can find everything!
For example, if you are looking for a holiday, such as Halloween or Christmas, click on
the link that says "Happy Holidays" and you'll see the link to those main areas on
BlackDog. Here's how things are set out:
BlackDog has been on the internet since 1997, and there are thousands and thousands of webpages
on the site that sprawls across 2 different domain names. So use the navigational links found at
the top, left side, or the bottom of every page to help you find all the cool stuff on the site.
- Billy Beaver's Game Show Anything that might be a game or like a game, even things like worksheets, can be found from here. You'll find lots of mazes, puzzles, card games and lots more here.
- BlackDog's Internet Refrigerator Anything related to images or graphics can be found from here. This is the jumping-off spot for things like screen savers, computer desktop wallpaper, drawing lessons, coloring book (on-line and things to download), etc.
- Miss Kitty's Story Book Original stories, the Poetry Corner, tips on writing stories, interactive stories are found here.
- BlackDog's Post Office Send free e-cards to all your friends. There are lots and lots to choose from, and they're fun!
- Patty Parrot's Bird Brain Jokes There are hundreds of safe, fun kid jokes on BlackDog. There are so many they're spread out over many web pages. Click on the "More Jokes" image to see more and more and more jokes!
- Happy Holidays Holidays are big at BlackDog, and all the different holiday areas available on the site can be reached from this link.
- Home This link takes you back to the very first page on BlackDog.
- Kids This page describes some of the main areas on BlackDog kids might enjoy, some that don't show up anywhere else, like RoboRocky's Jukebox.
- Teens This page describes some of the main areas on BlackDog teens might enjoy, including BlackDog's Graffiti Wall. The Graffiti Wall is very popular.
- Grown Ups & Site Information This page.
- Search BlackDog If you're looking for something in particular, you can search the site from this link. There is also a little information on why BlackDog is spread across two domain names (blackdog.net and blackdog4kids.com).
- Contact BlackDog Tells you how to reach us. Some pages on BlackDog might bring up an actual email form for you, but that's only because I haven't had time to get to those pages to change the link yet!
- You Belong at the Zoo Animals are big at BlackDog and here's the starting point for all kinds of information, images, games, etc.
- What's New There's always something new at BlackDog. Here's the place to find out what's happened since your last visit, or to see the most recent additions to the site.
Top of Page
Your Visit with BlackDog
Web browsers and their different versions are sometimes tricky.
BlackDog makes every effort to design our site for all versions of web
browsers. It can't always be done, however, especially with the features
Most games, puzzles, coloring books are compatible with both Netscape 4.0+, Internet
Explorer 4.0+ and Firefox. Upgrading your web browser is free, and
actually pretty easy. Follow this link to download the latest version of Netscape.
Or this link to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
If you haven't tried
Firefox yet, you really should. Firefox's tabbed browsing combined with Google's toolbar
is hard to beat. It has won all kinds of nifty awards and is the up-and-coming browser on
the internet. Click the image on the right to try out Firefox. It's free.
If you have all the latest versions of everything and things still don't work
properly, make sure you have "Java Enabled" checked in your web
Top of Page
We get lots of mail from people who want to put a link to BlackDog on their web page.
We absolutely love that! Go ahead. Links to us are great! Oh: Don't
forget to tell us so we can come visit your site, too!
Need a little help with your link, or want an image? Go here
to get all the information you need. Thanks!
Top of Page
All images, games, screen savers, web pages, and everything else on BlackDog has been
created by us and is owned by us, unless we tell you. Usually we tell you it's not
ours by linking to the creator of a script, program or artwork somewhere on the page where it
appears. Unless otherwise specifically stated, we own everything on BlackDog and
everything is protected by our copyright and all the laws relating to copyright.
We make every effort to give credit where credit is due. To the
best of our knowledge, everything on BlackDog that was not created by us, such as the
music on BlackDog's postcards and the Baggy Gator
art, is in the public domain. If you find anything that is
not public domain, please let us know and we
will take steps to remedy the problem immediately.
Be sure and visit Baggy Gator's new Home
Page to meet the artist and see more Gator art. Thanks again
to Dean Bagley for all his help and creativity. If you want to use any of the
Baggy Gator images, contact the artist and get
You may not use anything from this site without written permission from us. You may
not download or direct-link to any area, image, page, or part of this site and represent
it as your own. We don't take kindly to that and neither do our lawyers.
Top of Page
The Internet is here to stay, and for families it can be a frightening place.
BlackDog is approved as a child-safe site by Safe Surf, Net Nanny, and ICRA, among many others. On BlackDog's security page, we have links to sites
which can help you guide your child's internet experience.
Top of Page
Other Sites for
We think it's important to share some other sites which have things of interest to parents
and kids. If you know of some or want to add your link, just let us know. We
appreciate a link back to us, too!
Top of Page